mymoment.onediscussion.net

This is the place to find your inner peace, clarity, inspiration or friends. This is a place to have my moment...

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Thanking God For All Things
Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:43 pm by afgriffin

» Eternal Happiness
Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:37 pm by afgriffin

» The Unchanging Law of Judgement
Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:10 pm by afgriffin

» He Wants You To Fly
Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:37 pm by afgriffin

» The Psalmist Gets the Blues
Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:20 pm by afgriffin

» June 18, 2010
Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:21 pm by afgriffin

» June 17, 2010
Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:36 pm by afgriffin

» June 15, 2010
Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:35 pm by afgriffin

» June 9, 2010
Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:00 pm by afgriffin

Share | 

May 10, 2010

Go down 
AuthorMessage
afgriffin

PostSubject: May 10, 2010   Mon May 10, 2010 1:49 pm

Did God Forget Me?

by Emily Schankweiler on May 9, 2010 Print This Post

Several years ago, my single friends and I started a time of fasting and prayer. We prayed for the single guys in our church… that God would make them strong leaders. We prayed that God would make them good husbands one day. We prayed that God would prepare us to be good wives. And we prayed specifically that God would provide a husband for each of us. And then we waited. We waited in hope that God would work. We trusted not our fasting and prayer to be a manipulation to get the results we wanted, but rather we waited trusting our loving Father to provide this good gift to us.
As birthdays passed and the number of my age kept increasing, one thing stayed constant… my marital status… SINGLE. It was easy to think that God forgot me…that He hadn’t heard my prayers. It became easy to question. God, this seems to be a good gift… I don’t understand… why would you withhold it from me?
I found comfort in the stories of Hannah and Job and Abraham and Sarah … ordinary folks who trusted their extraordinary God for amazing results. I found comfort in Psalms like “search me and know my heart, and lead me in the way everlasting.” I grew in faith as I was reminded to “… in everything by prayer and thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God…”
God used that several year period of asking yet hearing no response to teach me that my trust has to be in Him, not in a response. The character of God is faithful, whether or not the results would be my choosing. By digging into the Word of God for comfort, I found an answer so much greater than I had anticipated … I found a God who revealed Himself to me. And I learned to follow the example of guys like Abraham:
<BLOCKQUOTE>
In hope he believed against hope, that he should become the father of many nations, as he had been told, “So shall your offspring be.” He did not weaken in faith when he considered his own body, which was as good as dead (since he was about a hundred years old), or when he considered the barrenness of Sarah’s womb. No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised. That is why his faith was “counted to him as righteousness”.” (Romans 4:18-22)</BLOCKQUOTE>
No distrust made him waver concerning the promises of God. May we have that same trust in our God who is always faithful. Let us look to God and grow in faith as we consider His might.
Prayer: Father help me not to doubt your love. Help me not to doubt your concern and care in my life. Thank you for how you have sovereignly worked in the past few years. I pray that you would continue that work – show yourself even greater by providing our needs and answering our prayers. Be gracious once again in your lovingkindness. Thank you that your steadfast love never ceases. It never ends. We look to you with hopeful anticipation for what you can do.
[copyright, 2010, Emily Schankweiler; A Sacrifice of Praise]
Back to top Go down

May 10, 2010
Page 1 of 1